- Sylvia Hinz (Recorders, Electronics, Voice)
- Jeanne Comateuse (Bass Guitar, Electronics, Voice)
- Guests: Paulo Dantas (Electronics), Lindsay O'Connor (Lyrics and Vocals - vocalist for Coma Cluster Void and Eyes Of Perdition, who also appeared on Doom Eternal Soundtrack by Mick gordon), Alexa Renger (Violin), Freddi Börnchen (Oboe)
Catenation combine live performance, improvisation, visual and audio art.
Their unique music can be described as a mixture of industrial, metal, doom, noise and ambient.
Catenation use the following instruments: recorders (from soprano to sub double bass), electric bass guitar, electric guitar, old tape machines, defect cassette recorders, voices, welding machine, driller, piano, prepared piano, percussion, 386dx computer with fm-soundcard, violin, wrenches, hammers, effects, distortion, ...
- "Rooms 01-05 [deep wounds]" (March 2020)
- "Rooms 06-... [shrouded matter]" (planned for 2021)
RECENT LIVE EVENTS
- ONLINE - Marry Klein Kulturdonnerstag: Marry Klein Global | Day 6 - June 10th, 2021 (LINK)
- ONLINE - Currents FM Stream | Common Multiverse Initiative: Mar 12th, 2021 (LINK)
- ONLINE - KILL THE APP: Virtual residency period with financial support of the Goethe Institut (LINK)
- BERLIN - Escape Velocity (by Tamás Rebák) at Interfilm, Sound & Vision (live) November 11th, 2020 (LINK)
- BERN - IGNM Bern - Catenation live at Dampfzentrale Bern: September 16th, 2020 (LINK)
- ONLINE - SET presents: Unison Livestream Sessions: May 24th, 2020 (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS (Support for PLAID): March 13rd, 2020 (LINK)
- ANTWERP - Catenation at Integrated 2019: Wednesday, 6 November 2019 (LINK)
- BERLIN - Catenation with Reanimation Orchestra: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS: Saturday, March 17, 2018 (LINK)
"Pitch black Industrial (Metal) from members of Coma Cluster Void. Literally some of the best stuff I've heard coming out of this genre lately and I sincerely hope that we will hear more from this project in the future." (Simon Sludge/Nightmarer)
"I am intrigued with this wonderfull cooperation of musicians with a broad mind bringing different genres and styles from different settings together. If you enjoy doom and gloom give this one a try!" (feinstruktur)
"I need more of this in my life"
"What a night, what crowd and what stunning music"
"It was amazing how you felt the vibrations of the room and played with it"
"three women, doing a sonorous devastation of pure industrial experimental, too addictive. it is perfect"
"Suffocating Industrial Metal that will pummel you into a trance you don't want to wake up from..."
"Absolutely mind-blowing set"
"... you seemed dangerous!"
"This is really incredible, the variety of sounds and industrial atmospheres that you create is brutal. Enigmatic music."
"It seems as if we are entering another world. Thousands of sensations and thoughts intersect when listening to this music."