The unique music of Catenation can be described as a mixture of Industrial, Doom, Glitch, Noise, Techno and Ambient.
Catenation use instruments such as recorders (from sopranino to sub double bass), modular systems, analogue and digital synthesisers, electric bass guitar, found object percussion as well as broken retro equipment.
Catenation has performed at e.g. Krema Festival CH, Unerhörte Musik DE, Rock Sound EG, Goethe Institute Cairo and Alexandria EG, SoundsLikeTHIS UK, Dampfzentrale Bern CH, Interfilm Festival Berlin DE, IntegratedConf BE, Marry Klein Kulturdonnerstag DE, Setfest IR, played as support for Plaid, appeared on compilations such as Listen To Berlin and received scholarships from the Musikfonds, Neustart Kultur and the Goethe Institute.
- Sylvia Hinz (Recorders, Electronics, Voice)
- Jeanne Comateuse (Bass Guitar, Electronics, Voice)
- Guests: Paulo Dantas (Electronics), Lindsay O'Connor (Lyrics and Vocals - vocalist for Coma Cluster Void and Eyes Of Perdition, who also appeared on Doom Eternal Soundtrack by Mick gordon), Alexa Renger (Violin), Freddi Börnchen (Oboe), Amro Zidan (Vocals and Rap) and Ayman Asfour (Violin)
- Live performances at Krema Festival, Switzerland (LINK)
- Live performances at Cairo and Alexandria, Egypt (LINK)
- Electronic Music Residency at Cairo, Egypt
- work-in-progress diary for ROOMS 06-XX , Scholarship from Neustart Kultur (LINK)
- Catenation's "spiral III" on the LISTEN TO BERLIN Compilation 21/22! (LINK)
- CatVSKalma, Scholarship from Musikfonds.(LINK).
- ONLINE - Marry Klein Kulturdonnerstag: Marry Klein Global | Day 6 - June 10th, 2021 (LINK)
- ONLINE - Currents FM Stream | Common Multiverse Initiative: Mar 13th, 2021 (LINK)
- ONLINE - KILL THE APP: Virtual residency period with financial support of the Goethe Institut (LINK)
- BERLIN - Escape Velocity (by Tamás Rebák) at Interfilm, Sound & Vision (live) November 11th, 2020 (LINK)
- BERN - IGNM Bern - Catenation live at Dampfzentrale Bern: September 16th, 2020 (LINK)
- ONLINE - SET presents: Unison Livestream Sessions: May 24th, 2020 (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS (Support for PLAID): March 13rd, 2020 (LINK)
- ANTWERP - Catenation at Integrated 2019: Wednesday, 6 November 2019 (LINK)
- BERLIN - Catenation with Reanimation Orchestra: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS: Saturday, March 17, 2018 (LINK)
"three women, doing a sonorous devastation of pure industrial experimental, too addictive. it is perfect"
"Suffocating Industrial Metal that will pummel you into a trance you don't want to wake up from..."
"Absolutely mind-blowing set"
"... you seemed dangerous!"
"an arresting, brutalist noisescape" (Leeds Conservatoire UK)
"This is really incredible, the variety of sounds and industrial atmospheres that you create is brutal. Enigmatic music."
"It seems as if we are entering another world. Thousands of sensations and thoughts intersect when listening to this music."
"Mightiest of sounds."
"Pitch black Industrial (Metal) from members of Coma Cluster Void. Literally some of the best stuff I've heard coming out of this genre lately and I sincerely hope that we will hear more from this project in the future." (Simon Sludge/Nightmarer)
"astonishing legendary" (Doom Heart)
"It was amazing how you felt the vibrations of the room and played with it" (Plaid)
"What a night, what a crowd and what stunning music" (Dr. Paul Abbott, SoundsLikeTHIS Festival)
"I am intrigued with this wonderfull cooperation of musicians with a broad mind bringing different genres and styles from different settings together. If you enjoy doom and gloom give this one a try!" (feinstruktur)
"I need more of this in my life"
"godflesh be like AGHHH!!!!"
"Damn, where do you guys get your acid?"